Quotes on Anti-Christs
A parade of anti-Christs, anti-Mormons, and apostate groups have appeared on the scene. Many are still among us and have released new floods of lies and false accusations. These faith-killers and testimony-thieves use personal contacts, the printed word, electronic media and other means of communication to sow doubts and to disturb the peace of true believers.
Some ways to avoid the traps of the anti-Christs:
1. Avoid those who would tear down your faith.
2. Keep the commandments.
3. Follow the living prophets.
4. Do not contend or debate over points of doctrine.
5. Search the scriptures.
6. Do not be swayed or diverted from the mission of the Church.
7. Pray for your enemies.
8. Practice “pure religion.”
9. Remember that there may be many questions for which we have no answers and that some things have to be accepted simply on faith.
— Carlos Asay, The Church News, February 22, 1992, p. 14
Another name for an Anti-Christ would be “Faith Shakers” – people who use mocking tones, are always negative and argumentative. A good example is the story of Korihor in Alma 30. Sometimes questions and doubts are just stepping stones to let the light in. — S. Michael Wilcox, BYU Education Week, 2010